The traffic fines here were recently updated. It’s interesting to know where they put the priorities.
- Driving while intoxicated – Loss of driver’s license
- Driving with alcohol on the breath – $150
- Running a red light – $100 (Interesting note: Volcan has no traffic lights, neither does Boquete or Concepcion. David, second largest city in the country, has 4, possibly 5.)
- Driving while talking on phone – $75
- Driving w/o seatbelt fastened – $75
- Driving on shoulder – $50
- Speeding – $50 (Interesting note: Everyone, but everyone, speeds here yet I’ve never seen nor heard of anyone getting a ticket.)